Is your partner…
- threatening you?
- saying they’ll end the relationship
- telling you or implying that they will hurt themselves if you don’t do what they want?
- always wanting more, no matter what you give?
- regularly assuming you will allow them to have their own way?
- ignoring or discounting your feelings?
- making lavish promises, which depend on your behaviour and then rarely keep them?
- constantly putting you down, saying that you are selfish, bad, greedy, unfeeling and uncaring?
- putting you down by calling you names?
- showering you with gifts when you give in to them, but ruin things when you don’t?
- ensuring you lose friends and / or family because they don’t like them?
- isolating you?
- making you do things that leave you feeling uncomfortable about yourself?
- making you feel like you don’t have choices about what you want to do – time, money, the way you dress, the friends you have, what time you go to bed, what time you eat, when or if you can go out?
- physically violent to you, punching, grabbing and pushing?
- making you feel like you don’t have the right to say yes or no?
If you have answered “yes” to any of these questions you may find reading the following links useful